Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 9:Psalm 119

Happy Sunday everyone!  Time for our weekly Promise to Move On!

We're going to be sticking with the meditation theme for this week, this time drawing on Psalm 119.  I'm going to approach this blog a little differently.  Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the entire Bible and I don't think it is any coincidence that the chapter is about the deep love the author has for God's Word.

The chapter also happens to mention meditation 8 times.  So instead of writing about all of the verses, I'm going to leave the interpreting of each of these verses between the Holy Spirit and YOU as you meditate on these verses throughout the week.  Pick one of the verses that sticks out to you, or, read them all, let them soak in, and then pick a completely different verse to meditate on.  Last week I spent the entire week meditating on Jeremiah 32:27, "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?"  I spent some time meditating on Joshua 1:8-9, but the majority of the time the Lord wanted me to spend on this verse from Jeremiah.

So here are all the verses from Psalm 119:
  • Psalms 119:15 I will meditate on Your precepts And regard Your ways.
  • Psalms 119:23 Even though princes sit and talk against me, Your servant meditates on Your statutes.
  • Psalms 119:27 Make me understand the way of Your precepts, So I will meditate on Your wonders.
  • Psalms 119:48 I lift up my hands to your commands, which I love, and I meditate on your decrees.
  • Psalms 119:78 May the arrogant be ashamed, for they subvert me with a lie; But I shall meditate on Your precepts.
  • Psalms 119:97 O how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day.
  • Psalms 119:99 I have more insight than all my teachers, For Your testimonies are my meditation.
  • Psalms 119:148 My eyes anticipate the night watches, That I may meditate on Your word.
And as an added little bonus, here are all the verses from Psalm 119 about God's promises:

  • Psalms 119:38 Fulfill your promise to your servant, so that you may be feared.
  • Psalms 119:76 May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.
  • Psalms 119:140 Your promises have been thoroughly tested, and your servant loves them.
  • Psalms 119:154 Defend my cause and redeem me; preserve my life according to your promise.
  • Psalms 119:162 I rejoice in your promise like one who finds great spoil.
  • Psalms 119:170 May my supplication come before you; deliver me according to your promise.
And as a super-duper added bonus, here are some verses that I thought were pretty cool:

  • Psalms 119:18 Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.
  • Psalms 119:31 I cling to Your testimonies; O LORD, do not put me to shame!
  • Psalms 119:46 I will also speak of Your testimonies before kings And shall not be ashamed.
  • Psalms 119:58 I sought Your favor with all my heart; Be gracious to me according to Your word.
  • Psalms 119:120 My flesh trembles in fear of you; I stand in awe of your laws.
  • Psalms 119:133 Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.
  • Psalms 119:147 I rise before dawn and cry for help; I wait for Your words.
  • Psalms 119:151 You are near, O LORD, And all Your commandments are truth.
  • Psalms 119:175 Let me live that I may praise you, and may your laws sustain me.
I absolutely love that last verse!  Never forget, the entire reason that we are doing this promise moving, the entire reason that we even exist is to praise God.  Let your life be a living testimony to that truth this week as we move on His promises and meditate on His Word!

If you would like to join us, please feel free to contact anyone in the group.  We have started a Facebook page to keep plugged in, pray for one another and help keep each other moving on God's promises.  Even if you just want to be added so you know what promise we are moving on right away.  We try to get this blog out ASAP, but with life and everything sometimes we are good to get anything out at all.  Becoming part of the Facebook group just assures that if we don't get the blog out, you are still in the loop.

Have a great week moving with Jesus!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment